Friday, January 13, 2012

Chunky Bracelets

I love bracelets! They are simple to make, inexpensive to buy and a lot of fun to play around with. The trends with bracelets are always changing. One year dainty is in and the next chunky is in.

I've gathered just a few of my favorite bracelets together to show you how to combine those dainty pieces and give them a new chunky life.




The first look is something I wear most days. I tend to wear my charm bracelets on my left hand with my watch so they don't get in the way when I'm using my right hand. These are my 3 favorite sterling silver bracelets. They look pretty simple and dainty by themselves. I think they look pretty cute together! People always ask me where I got my "bracelet" and I explain to them that they are all separate pieces.






While I was visiting my older sister for her 40th birthday in Atlanta, GA she gave me this chunky purple watch. My whole family knows how crazy I am about purple! Ordinarily I don't wear big watches, but I thought this one was pretty cute. 

I needed a bracelet for the other arm to balance out the look. I didn't want to buy anything so I pulled together a combo that I think worked.

The underside of the watch

The final combo









Next up is something I like to pair up with my L.B.D. (Little Black Dress). Both of these combinations have just enough bling and sparkle to dress things up. 
This one is a little more elegant and simple.
This one has a little more funk to it!

Up last, but certainly not least, is a little red number I like to wear when I want to add a little pop of color to my outfit. I have had this red beaded bracelet for several years and just recently brought it back to life with the addition of a silver bracelet in the center and two red, fire-polished, beaded bracelets flanking it on either side.



The combinations you can make with just these bracelets pictured are far too many to list individually. You truly can do so much! Have fun with it!